Parents can now apply for the Aadhaar card for their children before and over 5 years! Even a newborn child can enroll in Aadhaar! The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) recently tweeted this information. The UIDAI had introduced a blue Baal Aadhaar card for children who have reached the age of 5. The UIDAI has now also made biometric updating mandatory for children of that age.
“In #Aadhaar, fingerprints and iris scanners are not captured when enrolling children under the age of 5, only one photo is taken. Once the child reaches the age of 5 years, the biometrics must be obligatorily updated, “UIDAI tweeted.
Watch Zee Business Live TV broadcast below:
For children under the age of 5, no biometric data will be captured. Your UID will be processed based on demographic information and facial photography linked to your parents’ UID. These children will need to update their biometrics for ten fingers, irises, and facial photographs when they turn 5 and 15 years old. Bullying to this effect will be mentioned in Aadhaar’s original letter.
#AadhaarChildEnrolment Give your children their own unique #Identity. Even a newborn child can sign up for #Aadhaar. To locate the closest #AadhaarEnrollment Center, click here: https://t.co/oCJ66DD0fK pic.twitter.com/jznR64TLYs
– Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 22, 2021
Process to apply for the Baal Aadhaar card
A child under 5 years old gets a blue color. #BaalAadhaar. Biometric update is mandatory at the age of 5 years.
Take your child to a nearby Aadhaar Kendra for #MandatoryBiometricUpdate. To locate #AadhaarEnrollment Center, click here: https://t.co/oCJ66DD0fK pic.twitter.com/eehCUwjAVz
– Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 23, 2021
1. Go to the official UIDAI website and choose the Aadhaar card registration option
2. Parents will need to complete required information such as child’s name, guardian / parent phone number, and other biometric information related to child and guardian / parent.
3. Fill in demographic details like residential address, locality, state, and others.
4. Submit all details
5. Click the Appointment option to register the Aadhaar card.
6. Check the nearest enrollment center, make an appointment. Bring all supporting documents like proof of identity, proof of address, proof of relationship, date of birth and reference number.
Once the entire process is complete, the Aadhaar center will provide a recognition number to track progress.