Trombone Champion is a game that came out of nowhere to be a bestseller on Steam, and it’s not because you can live the dream of playing the trombone. Well, maybe for some people it is, but most seem to be enjoying some dumb, off-key fun.
Developed by Holy Wow, Trombone Champ is a rhythm game in the vein of Guitar Hero, but instead of hitting the heavier rock riffs, players can enjoy the sweet sounds of a trombone by playing Take Me Out to the Ball. Game, O Canada, and The Starry Banner.
Due to its fun premise, players have been jumping into the game, making it No. 15 on Steam’s best-selling games list in its first week of release. It is also one of the best games streaming on Twitter.
Where can I buy Champ Trombone?
Trombone Champ is currently only available on Vapor and it costs $15.
How does it work?
Players can use a mouse or controller to move the cursor up and down on the screen corresponding to the notes in the more than 20 available songs. The more precise and in time the notes are with the music, the higher the score. Players will need to be aware of how many notes they are playing as they can get out of breath. And unlike other music games, Trombone Champ keeps the music playing even if it isn’t accurate. There are also 50 Tromboner cards to collect and a few other secrets in the game.
What songs are on Trombone Champ?
- Thus Spake Zarathustra – Richard Strauss
- Auld Lang Syne (MIX OF CHAMPIONS) – Robert Burns
- girls! – Holy wow
- Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony – Ludwig van Beethoven
- The Blue Danube Waltz – Johann Strauss II
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- A Little One (CHAMP MIX) – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- A Little Night Music (Trap Mix) – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Animator: Scott Joplin
- Entrance of the gladiators—Julius Fucik
- God Save the King-Unknown
- Hava Nagila-Abraham Zevi Idelsohn
- Long-Tailed Limbo – Max Tundra
- OR Canada—Calixa Lavallee
- Rosamunde (Beer Barrel Polka) – Jaromir Vejvoda
- Skip my Lou – Unknown
- The Starry Banner – Smith & Key
- Stars and Stripes Forever – John Philip Sousa
- SkaBIRD – Holy Wow (Original Song)
- Skyze Trombone – Holy Wow
- Take Me to the Ball Game – Norworth and Von Tilzer
- The Old Gray Mare: Thomas F. McNulty
- Strong Trombone – Holy Wow (Original Song)
- William Tell Overture – Gioachino Rossini
Really? Is it so?
yeah Now go and play that trombone like a champ.