Indian equity markets closed negatively on Wednesday. The BNiftySE Sensex ended at 52,443.71, down nearly 135 points or 0.26 percent, while the broader market NSE Nifty 50 closed at 15,709.40, down nearly 37 points or 0.24. percent.
On the 30-share BSE Sensex, only 13 shares were trading green at the end of Wednesday’s trading session, while the remaining 17 shares were trading red at closing time. The top 5 winners on Wednesday at the close were Bharti Airtel, Tata Steel, Indusind Bank, Bajaj Finserv and ICICI Bank, while the top 5 losers were Kotak Mahindra Bank, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Mahindra & Mahindra, Power Grid and NTPC.
Watch Zee Business Live TV broadcast below:
Meanwhile, on the NSE Nifty 50 of 50 stocks, at closing time, 23 stocks advanced, while the remaining 27 stocks fell. Bharti Airtel, Tata Steel, SBI Life, Divis Lab and Indusind Bank were the top five winners on Wednesday. The top 5 losers in the day’s trade were Kotak Mahindra Bank, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra and Cipla.
Most of the major indices, including Nifty Midcap 50, Nifty Bank and Nifty Financial Services, ended in the red on Wednesday. Nifty Next 50 finished green today.
Ingenious sector indices
- Among industry indices, Nifty Bank closed 0.76 percent lower at 34,532.90.
- Nifty auto was down 0.93 percent to 10,000.40.
- Nifty Realty was also down more than 0.79 percent to close at 391.20.
- Nifty PSU Bank closed at 2,372.10, 1.88 percent less than Tuesday’s close.
- Nifty Media and Nifty Pharma ended up in the red on Wednesday. Nifty IT and Nifty Metal finished green while Nifty FMCG finished flat.
Today, USDINR futures were trading at 74.4275 on the BSE against the USD at 3:50 pm, moving with a negative bias and down 0.07% from Tuesday’s closing price.