Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma became the first and only cricketer to complete 1,000 runs against a single opponent in the Indian Premier League (IPL) on Friday. Rohit Sharma was 18 runs short of 1,000 runs scored against KKR before the game and hit a limit to reach the milestone.
After being put at bat first by Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) captain Eoin Morgan, Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock they gave the defending champions a solid start on Thursday. Rohit, who opted to rest in IM’s match against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Sunday, opened his account with glorious coverage against Nitish Rana before hitting back-to-back limits in Varun Chakravarthy’s fourth over.
David Warner is the next hitter in line to accomplish the feat with 943 and 915 runs against Punjab Kings (PBKS) and KKR respectively.
– SportsCafe (@IndiaSportscafe) September 23, 2021
– Mumbai Indians TN (@MumbaiIndiansTN) September 23, 2021
– Rohirat (@Rohirat_) September 23, 2021
IF IT IS!
Rohit Sharma Elegance is back
– Saiyaara ✨ (@BeingKushSharma) September 23, 2021
– piyush (@cricholic__) September 23, 2021
HE EATS !!
Ro-hitmen is back🤙💪@ ImRo45
– Mahendra Sharma (@ Mahendr30138651) September 23, 2021
Rohit hain to mamla super hit hain …
– Dipankar Das Gibbs🇮🇳 (@DipankarGibbs) September 23, 2021
Rohit Rohit chants on the ground @ ImRo45
– Vijaymad 5.O 🌊 (@imPVKing) September 23, 2021
– ihamza (@hamzaflicks) September 23, 2021
– BANG ROHIT HATERS (@BangRohitHaters) September 23, 2021